Monday, December 14, 2009

Welcome back GTI



Well after some time in the sun saturday afternoon, I was able to get the old girl up and running like a champ.
The oil pressure had been comimg on and I was stumped on what it could be. That was until I decided to go against my gut and replace the oil pick up tube. After some time under the car removing the 20 or so bolts, I got the pan off and got a look at the pick up tube. Yep it sure was clogged up with sludge. So after replacing it, I cleaned out a good amount of the sludge to prevent any future issues. I button everything up and topped her off with fresh oil. Started her and took her for a good hour test drive and no warning light.
GTI 1, Oil sludge 0

While I was out there and had the car under the knife. I decided to rotate my trottle body 90 degrees. There is a growing theory that if you rotate it 90 degrees that it allows equal air flow to all four chambers. So I did it. Did I see or feel a difference? No, I might have been overjoyed with the fact the old girl was running like a champ to notice. I guess time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment