Monday, June 15, 2009

No news and no updates

I have been lazy and busy at the same time.

The car still has a rough idle.
Rough idle causes:
misfiring
vacuum leak
MAF sensor fail

So, since the car had a misfire issue not that long ago, I plan to tackle the first two first. This week I will be picking up new spark plugs and trying those out. I am also going to remove the catch can that I spent a lot of time on. The reasoning behind that is to see if the reducers I placed in there are not big enough to allow the proper air flow thus cause a vacuum leak like feeling.

If I am still in the same boat after those two things, then its time to clean the MAF sensor.

If that doesnt work..(there's a plan for the plan). Then I am going to break down and take to a shop. There is a good one right down the street from me.

Needless to say I have not fully driven the car in some time. I still go out and start her up to keep the battery alive, but that is about it. It has been 6 months since I have fully taken it out. Driving the 3 miles to work does not count.

I miss driving and I miss having a fully working car.

No comments:

Post a Comment